At Mosquito Joe, we really feel that starting a business is one of the most exciting journeys one can take. Our franchisees are comprised of all types of entrepreneurs – parents, military veterans, recent college graduates and even those from the corporate world. Since all markets are different and individual characteristics vary, there are many valuable lessons to be learned along the way. We’ve surveyed our Mavericks, the ones who we feel are going above and beyond at exceeding their business goals, to see what lessons they’ve learned and what tips they have for anyone curious in joining the Mosquito Joe family.
Here’s what they had to say:
- Answer each call and respond to each lead – Take the time to explain the process to each customer. Knowledge is power and the more you can educate your leads and customers, the more you can set their expectations from the beginning to build a lasting relationship with them.
- Take the time to train your technicians – Mosquito Joe technicians are on the frontlines with customers. Ensuring the technicians are trained to answer any question that may be presented when they’re out in the field is beneficial to your business and its growth.
- Treat your staff well – Finding loyal, dedicated staff is always a challenge. Acknowledging the hard work your office staff and technicians add to your daily operations and celebrating their efforts and achievements is necessary for happy, honest employees. Develop relationships that are based on mutual trust and respect.
- Listen to the Corporate team – With a proven model in place, the Corporate team is always available to answer questions and guide you through your new adventure. Don’t be afraid to ask questions in training and reach out often. After all, that’s why they’re there.
- Track your progress – Having your finances in place and tracking what initiatives you’re trying is important. Whether it’s on a pad of paper or in an organized spreadsheet, having a record of what’s coming in and out is crucial.
- Take advantage of being your own boss – Fully commit to your business. Many Mosquito Joe franchisees found great success when they allowed themselves to focus all of their time and energy on their business. Don’t be afraid to quit your day job.
- Network, network, network! – Take advantage of the open line of communication between all of the Mosquito Joe franchisees, through daily interactions and personal bonding at our annual Convention. Ask questions and learn from those who have already experienced what you may be ready to experience. Also, be sure to network in your community – local partners are beneficial to getting the word out about your new business.
Still itching to learn more about becoming your own boss and exploring the Mosquito Joe franchise opportunity? Request more information and we’d be happy to get in touch with you about our company, a great option for any entrepreneur!